Sunday, August 9, 2020

Huzzah Valley Morning

I'm so lucky to have an artist friend refer me to this place!  The Huzzah River Valley Resort boasted this gorgeous landscape along the campground, and it was only a short walk down to water's edge to paint!  Arriving early, a few campers were just starting their breakfasts, and the smell of bacon wafted down from their campfires as I painted.  Not a soul ventured down to the water this early, just a pileated woodpecker working on a nearby tree and the occasional fish jumping. I set up on a rocky bar to capture this scene, and was charmed by the babbling water. If only every morning could start like this.  This painting won third place in the "Paint Anywhere" category, and has now gone to auction.  I have thoroughly enjoyed painting Steelville!  Painting number 2768 in 2768 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment