Monday, August 17, 2020

Thompson Park

 I love returning to old town Overland Park to paint!  The Monday morning watercolor group has been meeting at a different park each week during covid - and I'm so happy to discover this!  The only morning I don't have gym classes, it fit perfectly into my calendar!  This place has been completely redone since I last painted here during a previous Stems plein air event.  There is a new water garden, but it is hard to turn it into a painting!  An orange twist in air with fountains below just does now mesh with this beautiful old carriage house.  So, I turned my attention to the rows of new plantings leading right to the house.  As these beds mature, they are going to be fabulous!  Mom tagged along today and treated me to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory!  This was certainly a day well spent!  Painting number 2779 in 2779 days. 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh great texture on that wall. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly captured this charming place so well. Always enjoy seeing how you combine ink and watercolor - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete