Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sunset Over Brush Creek


The weather could not have been nicer for tonight's quick paint on Brush Creek!  Choosing a bird's eye view on the ridge, I had a wonderful view of the creek.  Ten minutes before arriving, I realized I did not have my oil palette - it was still in the freezer!  Well, I had my in and watercolor, so I would make that work.  After a quick look around, I decided on a long format, but already used that frame!  So, I used what I had and made it work.  Thank goodness I had so many backups! I've only done a couple of watercolor sunsets, so this was definitely good study!  I think I'll need to do a few more before I feel comfortable with the process.....oils would have been so easy....!  Painting number 2813 in 2813 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment