Saturday, September 19, 2020

Wild Sunflowers


What a glorious morning for a quick paint at the Anita Gorman Conservation Center for the Brush Creek Art Walk!  This community garden houses all kinds of gems for the artist - but these sunflowers grabbed me right away!  Without even scouting the grounds, I set up my easel here, waiting for the start.  Taking a quick spin around this 8 acre spread, I returned to indeed paint these beauties in the sun!  With the hazy skies from those western wildfires, it was very pleasant even out in the full sun.  I let the composition unfold organically, as I marked flower heads and stems in the wild abandon that they grew.  I love the complication of it all, and thoroughly enjoyed myself through the whole process.  It was fun to chat with the visitors to the garden as I painted.  Time flew by!  So honored to have this painting selected for the Purchase Award!  What a great day!  Painting number 2812 in 2812 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment