Monday, December 21, 2020

Nutcracker Tree


It's not often that I put a full day's work into the yard in December, but that is just what I did.  Love the 60s, little wind, and ground soft enough to dig in - so I moved a couple of structures, digging them in.  Deciding against weaving fabric through the wire to create a wind break, I instead cut cedar boughs and tied them on.  I had two large cedars in need of some shaping, so this worked out perfectly! Working after dark, I stayed out to enjoy the Christmas Star (conjunction) on this clear night. How beautiful to see!  We're having a family "Outdoor Christmas" this Friday, so my tasks are many and time grows short.  My quick sketch tonight is of my Nutcracker tree, and the hall was just too dark to get a good photo.  This is another postcard painting that will be heading to someone special tomorrow!  Painting number 2907 in 2907 days. 

1 comment:

  1. Magnificent art work ~ ^_^

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete