Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Tree Trio


Another gorgeous December day - and I'm out sketching a slice of Christmas at Crown Center.  I wish I had a better on site image - but I didn't check this before moving to another location.  I didn't have my normal sketch bag, so my fountain pen ink is a blend of mostly Levenger's Raven Black with a little of their Cocoa brown.  I initially only had the brown in that pen, but it was far too red when washed with a little water, so I added the black.  Which, is not advised, by the way.  All inks are different and have different properties, and many simply don't blend well, causing issues on the paper.  Or, so I've read.  I like to blaze my own trail, throwing caution to the wind when it comes to such things - lol!  There's no rules in art!  Painting number 2892 in 2892 days. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Exactly one year ago, I was painting these same trees in this same place! Lol!

    ReplyDelete