Saturday, January 9, 2021

Along Cleveland Trail


A sunset spent outdoors with pen and ink?  Priceless.  If I've learned anything from the last 10 months of covid, it is to enjoy the little things.  Bask in the beauty of the sunset.  Soak up the sunrise on the front porch with a hot cup of tea.  Tend the gardens with loving care - and enjoy the simple acts of doing so.  I am truly mindful in a way I wasn't before.  As I walk out into the landscape, I really look before choosing a medium. What do I want to express about this moment?  I work more intuitively now, and tackle the more complicated, loving the process all the more.  I hope I am becoming more sensitive with my work, putting more of myself in every mark.  Maybe I'll choose oil the next time I'm here, basking in the beauty of the sunset.  Painting number 2921 in 2921 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment