Saturday, January 30, 2021

Northern Creek


Yesterday I was asked about my sketch supplies, so today I am posting my most compact watercolor kit.  This 42 color Superior Water Colour palette folds neatly in a strip when not fanned out. A single water brush pen fits in it's built in holder.  I've chosen a TWSBI Diamond fountain pen loaded with Robert Oster's Thunderstorm ink to compliment the warm winter colors of grass and greening water.  I can't believe this creek is showing so much green in January!  For this very reason, it caught my eye, so I painted it.  I use this palette when I want all my supplies in a pocket.  I can make them work, though the colors can vary. Not the strong pigment I'm used to with my Watercolor Confections, they still serve me well in the field for a quick sketch.  There is a blot pad built in, but I use a paper towel instead. The biggest benefit is the 42 colors in such a compact set. I can paint anywhere with that and a pen in my pocket. Painting number 2944 in 2944 days. 

2 comments:

  1. Your art is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thank you! It feels good just to get out there and paint! ❤

      Delete