Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Old Trees at Loose Park


It is a little strange painting in a Kansas City Park during the time of covid.  I have been painting so many rural locations, many in my own property, that the hum of city life seems very loud.  As I settle in, I realize I have never been to Loose Park during the winter.  I try to paint here in the Rose Garden during the first blush of roses, and even throughout the season, as the formal garden is spectacular.  Today, the walkway to the pond drew me in, and these gorgeous trees called out to me.  This 30 minute tree study was fun and loose, just getting down my impressions with my limited Altoid tin palette.  I could see quite a bit of green in the landscape, but the camera didn't catch it, nor the pinks in those trunks.  It really is true about seeing so much more with my own eyes vs a photo.  Real life painting wins every time.  Painting number 2926 in 2926 days and day 13 of the #stradaeasel challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment