Thursday, January 21, 2021

Pin Oak


Nearly 60 degrees today and I just couldn't stay inside!  I worked out there until the sun was dropping, finally grabbing my sketch kit to draw one of our pin oaks. This is one of two my grandma planted when Uncle Brian returned from Vietnam, a Marine. It is huge and glorious, and feeling very small, I chose to stare up at it to sketch, just like I was a kid.  I love the feel of the sun and wind on my face, and the flurry of birds on the branches. One of them knocked an acorn close to me!  Sometimes it is the simple things that shine in life.  Painting number 2934 in 2934 days, and day 21 of the #stradaeasel challenge. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! This is the first time I've tried this perspective! I want to do this again, improve my skills on looking up!

      Delete