Saturday, February 6, 2021

Blue Jays


Today finds me sketching our blue jays as the snow starts falling.  Their brilliant blue feathers shine on this overcast day, begging to be painted.  With ink and watercolor, I capture their forms on miniature handmade paper.  On these small squares, I am zooming in a bit, breaking the edges with the forms.  It seems to happen naturally as I work, and I like it.  We have quite of few of these birds, some coming to the feeders, but most seen on lawn and field.  I can always hear their distinct call, and they play well with the others.  My Mom used to complain about how aggressive her blue jays were, but I don't see that here.  As the temperature drops, I paint faster, but not before those fingertips get cold!  Should have had my handwarmers!  Painting number 2951 in 2951 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment