Saturday, February 13, 2021

Hackberry Path


My newest TWSBI Eco fountain arrived yesterday along with De Atramentis Archive Ink.  It sat in my mailbox for hours, hovering around 0 degrees. By the time we got home from dinner, and I brought my new goodies to the house, I was surprised to find the ink not frozen!  This ink is very water resistant, so I use it for lines that I want to remain through the water work. Since I just loaded the pen with ink, the fine nib was a little juicy, dropping more ink than I wanted. Add to that, this paper is very thirsty, so it really sucks in that ink.  For the midtones,  I added Robert Oster's Thunderstorm ink, moving it a little with water. This color of ink is well suited for winter. The original lines do not move when water is added.  This ink is not waterproof, and might move on a smoother paper. So happy to see the sun!  It makes this record cold snap seem so much warmer!  Painting number 2959 in 2959 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment