Thursday, February 4, 2021

Herefords Three


It feels like Christmas when a new fountain pen arrives in the mail!  This one is the TWSBI Diamond AL R in limited edition punch pink, and of course it writes like a dream!  The new ink is from Diamine Inkvent collection, Nutcracker. It is a rich red brown, but I couldn't get it dark enough in shadow areas, so had to use some Thunderstorm ink from Robert Oster to balance it.  I know this sounds crazy, but I might just expel half of that ink and add in black.  I'll try it out first with a dip pen. It really isn't recommended to mix inks, but sometimes I can't help myself!  The ink comes in this very lovely bottle, and perhaps I could get a deeper value with a brush?  I couldn't do that in the field, I don't carry any ink bottles with me.  That would be a disaster if the lid loosened up in a bag!  I've used my favorite Watercolor Confections palettes to wash in the color on that handmade paper.  Painting number 2949 in 2949 days. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh you know how much I love your cow art. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I hope to paint them in the snow this weekend - if it's not TOO COLD!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete