Sunday, February 21, 2021

Snow at Winter Creek


The dark water of January has returned after our record breaking cold snap, and I absolutely love capturing it in oil.  I've been so blessed to have snow to paint for several days running, and am trying hard to take advantage of every day.  I've returned to working large, which is one of my goals for this winter.  I like exploring with more detail what is too difficult to do in a small surface.   It allows me to tackle a more complicated composition, as well.  Perhaps I should even keep a large one in process as I do smaller ones daily?  I've always been one to finish one painting before beginning another, though, not wanting to leave anything unfinished.  I love the quiet of winter, so very peaceful indeed.  Painting number 2966 in 2966 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment