Saturday, February 20, 2021

Sun on Snow through the Trees


My trusty painting companion stepped in at the very last moment to strike a pose by the main tree - and I think I simply must paint him in!  With family on the way over and dinner in the oven, I HAD to pack up and head in.  I'm painting on a canvas board today, which I never like, but the process is what is important.  The drag of the palette knife over that surface is interesting when it comes to laying in snow, but irritating when it comes to painting trees.  I don't like the even skip of the brush over the weave.  I have always preferred masonite panels and my gessoed surfaces.  The temperatures are raising and I may only have another day of snow left.  It's been a good run!  Painting number 2966 in 2966 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment