Monday, April 5, 2021

Cherry Tree Bloom at Loose Park


These cherry trees were part of 3000 trees gifted to the United States from Japan in 2012.  I just found out about these beauties last week, so I'm here with my Mom and artist friends painting them this afternoon!  They are absolutely at peak today, with just a little petal fall in the blowing wind. Mid 70s make this a perfect painting day surrounded by a heaven of blooms, exactly what I needed after my extreme negative reaction to the Pfizer vaccine 10 says ago.  Every day in a little better, and getting to paint in a place like this is so healing.  I'm not sure why I didn't know about these trees before now, but I will surely seek them out every year to paint again!  Painting number 3009 in 3009 days. 

2 comments:

  1. Tammie such a beautiful painting. Glad to read that you are enjoying painting with your mom and other artists. Went back and read some of your previous posts. Your daffodils are so delightful...love how you capture them with ink and watercolor. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is such a special place and I love to capture beauty wherever I find it! Have a great day!

      Delete