Monday, April 19, 2021

Redbuds on the Trail


As I drove in the back way to Shawnee Mission Park, I knew at once I would be painting redbuds!  They were absolutely popping all along the wooded grounds!  Unable to resist painting the redbuds, several artist friends were meeting on the Gary Haller trail across from shelter 8.  The trees offered a windbreak- it had dropped 10 degrees here from my house - and the sun kept me toasty warm.  It has been such a relief to have my energy back today!  Maybe I will actually get over that silly covid shot!  I blocked this one in quickly while the sun was on the scene, then discovered I didn't have the right color for those redbuds!  I opened a small tube of permanent crimson in my pochade - and it allowed me to mix to the right shade. Magenta would have been perfect, but this is the only time of year I need it, thus did not have it!  I'll correct that for Augusta!  Painting number 3022 in 3022 days.  And tomorrow I might be painting snow with those redbuds!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting. Do love the colours you used on the path and foreground. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! This was such a beautiful day for painting! ❤

    ReplyDelete