Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Spring at Crestview Dairy



On such a beautiful day, at such a gorgeous place, how could I resist creating one more painting?  With my silver TWSBI Mini with extra fine nib, loaded with De Atramentis Archive Ink, I sketch the outbuildings and farmhouse before me.  Using my white and rose gold TWSBI with a broad nib for the heavier lines, it is loaded with Levenger's Raven Black ink.  This ink is velvety black and moves with the application of water.  I'm using a handmade paper from Shizen, and the surface feels a little resistant to my watercolor.  The sizing is always different from one sheet to the next on these handmade papers, so I adjust my watercolor use.  I could not get a good photo with the sunlight over my shoulder, so the image is a little washed out. I'll try to get another to add to this post.  This day just about wiped me out!  I wonder how long it is going to take me to recover from that first Pfizer vaccine?  I'm going on 3 weeks now.  Painting number 3016 in 3016 days. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment