Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Flag Iris


I love getting out in my gardens, coaxing forth blooms while discouraging weeds, and ever transplanting wayward plants.  Often as I work, I see compositions before me, paintings already forming in my head.  Soon, I return to these places to paint with minutes I steel from another task.  Other times, I don't make it back before the fleeting blooms fade, and my chance is lost for another year. Hope I get to all those paintings just floating around in my head. Painting number 3062 in 3062 days. 

2 comments:

  1. Irises are so lovely. Too bad they do not last very long.
    Your painting looks beautiful. I really like the paper too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree! I sure wish they lasted all summer long! The paper is handmade cotton. ❤

      Delete