Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Mary's Slice of Heaven


I love when I first land on a spot and it calls to me to paint it!  A special private estate paint during the Steelville Plein Air, it was a treat to experience this place with pen and ink.  I loved the rather dramatic view from the side of the front lawn, so I set up drawing tucked in close to a tree for shade.  Summer is here and so is the heat!  I used one of my favorite TWSBI fountain pens to draw this coming in with a little water to get my midtones.  I love the nostalgic feel of pen and ink - especially on handmade paper.  What a pleasure it has been, drawing while music played in the backyard, with our amazing host offering sustenance and smiles.  I have the best job ever!  Painting number 3095 in 3095 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment