Thursday, August 26, 2021

Garden Path


I LOVE painting the lush gardens at the Overland Park Arboretum!  I try to pop in whenever I get a chance to paint among the flowers here, but this is the first time I've been here so late in August. The blooms are overflowing the beds, so abundant and full that I simply could not resist painting them!  I started by painting in the masses, marking the flower colors, before going in with my darks.  I did not want to lose the flowers in the scene, so those notes hold their places in the composition. My palette is in dire need of a clean and reload after two weeks of long days spent in the heat, but alas I did not have time before heading out this morning.  I MUST do it tonight to prepare for Saturday's event - and next week!  There's just never enough hours in a day!  Painting number 3144 in 3144 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment