Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Toad Cove


What a fun, iconic slice of lake life this place is!  Shady Gators is a popular place on the Lake of the Ozarks, and so fun to paint in ink and watercolor!  Arriving just after sunrise, I found a shady place from which to work.  Already a hot one, this is another heat warning day so I try to stay in the shade as much as possible. I use three inks for the line work, india,De Atramentis Archive Ink and Levenger's Raven Black, then I follow in with watercolor.  Even at this early hour, boats arrive and take off from the nearby socks, leaving ripples on the water's surface.  I really enjoy my time by the water, it is so very soothing to paint.  This painting now available at Lake Fine Art Galleria.  Painting number 3142 in 3142 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment