Tuesday, September 7, 2021

12 6th Street


 I have a fondness for old homes full of character and charm, and this place was a joy to paint!  As I scouted the area, I really wanted to include the garden and tree house, so I went back to my car for a longer paper.  I first start my line work with De Atramentis Archive Ink in a favorite TWSBI Diamond fountain pen with an extra fine nib.  I then start in with a broad nib and Levenger's Raven Black ink.  This second ink will move with a little water in a brush pen while the first stays put. As I bring the drawing to completion, I go back in where needed with more ink.  I love the way a fountain pen nib drops a line of ink, and the feel of the nib on the handmade paper.  I guess I really am a fountain pen nerd! Painting number 3156 in 3156 days, and day 7 of the current #stradaeasel challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment