Saturday, October 30, 2021

Wilson and 4th Street


 I arrived in town a little early for the artist meeting, so I decided to paint right here. I have long admired this cluster of silos with its spider like arms, right in the heart of town. With ink I sketched out the long composition, keeping everything in perspective as I worked.  I got some funny looks from the locals, even had one drive past me a couple times.  I'm sure they wondered what I was doing in that gravel parking lot.  I talked to my daughter throughout the whole painting process, happy to finally have cell coverage again.  The painting virtually painted itself, and it was awarded the first Purchase Award of the Fairfield Paint Out. So happy this painting has a new home!  Painting number 3207 in 3207 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment