Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Magic at Union Station


I have longed to paint this large for my own wall all month long.  The first two oil paintings were painted in the daylight hours - and both sold.  As we came back from dinner at Crown Center, we walked through this majestic hall at night.  WOW, was this place breath-taking!  In all these years, I've never been down there after dark, and I did not know what I was missing!  So, for this large substrate, I had to capture that nocturne beauty.  I have chosen a different vantage, one that I looked at the very first time I painted here, and started with all the line work.  I see a few adjustments needed, and a bit of work left to do, but I ran out of time and wanted it on the wall for today's Christmas celebration!  After a day fun of family, food and fun, I will let this painting rest until tomorrow, and probably add more paint while it hangs on the wall - lol.  I may just leave this one up long after the holidays are over.  This place brings back happy family memories, and time spent with my dad on a bench, enjoying the beauty of this place.  Painting number 3263 in 3263 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment