Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Thunderbolt Creek


I love the rich violet blue of Diamine's Thunderbolt ink!  It is free flowing with the addition of water, washing out to a pinkish hue in the sky a bit.  I sketched the whole drawing with only one dip in the ink, and that pen left a nice line.  It is another of my new glass dip pens.  Last month, I was frustrated when I could not locate my other lovely dip pens - only the older, lesser ones were found.  Since I was preparing for my exciting Inkvent Calendar, this was unacceptable! SO, I ordered nine new ones with different shapes and nibs, to both experiment with them AND ensure I wouldn't run out, lol!  I'm sure I put my other ones somewhere safe during my lockdown time of organizing everything!  It's so fun to try these new inks during the holidays - even if I didn't have time each day to get to them!  Painting number 3266 in 3266 days. 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely drawing with a lovely blue ink. Hope your Christmas was wonderful and wishing you a Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

      Delete