Monday, January 17, 2022

Snow on Cedars


 

Yesterday, I painted another cedar over near the pole barn on a very overcast, dark day.  The mood and feeling of the scene was cold and dramatic.  The sun is out and shining on the glistening landscape, and I hear a constant dripping from the trees.  I love the light and shadow chroma on such a day - and I'm lucky to get to paint it now!  Moving toward the southwest corner of our property, the cedars grow tall along the shaded path, and the snow lasts longer here than anywhere.  So, I work fast and still the snow melts faster than I can paint - and my "assistant" LOVES playing in that snow as I work!  Painting number 3302 in 3302 days, and day 16 #stradaeasel challenge.   I've taken many photos on this glorious day, and I may just be painting some from reference since that silly snow just won't stick around!  

No comments:

Post a Comment