Thursday, January 20, 2022

Winter Milk Barn


 I love this old place.  As a child, my brother and I climbed the wooden rails of the corral, feeling very tall on that top rail.  As my children grew, we explored the buildings, finding everything from old spoons to kittens in the hidden spaces.  There is a tuxedo barn cat living there now - as I track his footprints in the snow. I can see that he's been hunting all over the pasture and between barns.  Whenever the kids needed to burn off energy, I'd herd them to this barn and we'd race down to the pond. Once there, it was a search for frogs and tossing of sticks in the water, that passed the time. Just living in a place like this is peaceful, walking where generations of my people have walked.  And getting to paint it in oils, as none of them did, is something special indeed.  Painting number 3305 in 3305 days, and day 19 #stradaeasel challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment