Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Art Center Cinema


I never quite know what I've got until I look at a nocturne painting again in the morning, in daylight!  I paint where I can find a good street light to illuminate both palette and panel, preferably a white soda light.  Many are yellow or pinkish, and they do influence the painting. All artificial light adds it's own cast to the colors, so I'm not sure what I've got until I get it out of the car in the morning!  This one is a nice surprise!  I often lean to the bold, vibrant colors for nocturnes - probably because of the low light. I don't like the clip on lights, they are too distracting.  I like to immerse myself in the scene, as a part of the scene, while I paint.  I find the truest expression of the place this way.  This painting went to the highest bidder at the Salina Art Center Gala.  So happy I could commemorate 25 years of the Art Center Cinema with this humble painting.  Painting number 3324 in 3324 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment