Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Palm Study


What a pleasure to sit out and sketch on a warm, balmy morning!  After an early run and a leisurely cup of hot tea with fresh lemon, this was a treat! I didn't realize my favorite fountain pen was very low in ink, so I'm using another favorite pen that is loaded with Robert Oster's Thunderstorm. I leaned back in an Adirondack chair and looked upward to sketch this beautiful palm tree.  I love studying their shapes and colors, especially since I have to travel to paint them!  Little hummingbirds buzzed all around me as I worked, I was situated back against a lemon tree laden with blooms and fruit  one little bird studied me for several seconds, trying to decide if I was a flower or not!  So fun to experience summer weather in March!  Painting number 3374 in 3374 days. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment