Saturday, March 5, 2022

YMCA in Sedalia


This red stone building in the heart of historic downtown Sedalia is a showstopper among many on Ohio street. The letters are engraved and there is such attention to every detail, but no year is present.  I suspect there was once a much grander door, and some missing detail to the left in the next building.  Several of the faded buildings through here are being worked on, hopefully restored to their former beauty.  I would love to read to history on this building - I could only find one reference to it online.  I sure wish our historic town was full of this kind of architecture!  I am using ink and watercolor today in this miniature piece of handmade cotton paper. Painting number 3348 in 3348 days. 

1 comment:

  1. Heist das Du malst jeder Tag ein Gemälde???
    ich werde wahnsinnig . Wie ist das möglich !

    Du bekommst ein Weltmeisterin Tittel von mir überreicht
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete