Tuesday, May 24, 2022

17791 Chieftain


I love getting to paint a new area, while staying in an historic B&B.  I have such a fondness for old places, I seek them out when traveling.  I also love to sketch these special places in ink and watercolor, memorializing this moment in time.  This stone farmhouse is now a B&B, on this working farm, which is also an event space.  On that front porch, I enjoyed my morning hot tea before starting my day, returning to lunch there.  In the evenings, live music wafted over as a few of us artists shared a bottle of wine on the back porch, enjoying each other's company.  My bedroom is the second floor windows featured, a comfortable place to rest after a day full of painting.  I hope this farmhouse and farm will stand another 100 years for other generations to enjoy.  Painting number 4227 in 4227 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment