Saturday, May 21, 2022

Art Festival


The scheduled paint out during festival hours was the "People" theme paint, and what better place to paint than the crowd watching performers?  Using my ink fountain pen, I sketched out the scene, realizing I was running out of my favorite black ink again!  It seems that I need two pens full of ink when painting for an event.  I can really go through the black ink!  Once the sketch was complete, I started adding the watercolor.  I didn't have enough black to use as I normally would, so I switched to Robert Oster's Thunderstorm ink in another pen in my bag.  This color is a great shadow color, and I often use it for that purpose.  It pushes a little violet and turquoise when wet.  In fact, the signature inks in this series are really great.  Once complete, I framed it and turned it in, then spent the rest of the day with Mike and my mom.  They came out to enjoy the festival and all the live entertainment.  What a fun way to spend the day!  Icing on the cake was that I won the theme paint with this one!  Painting number 4225 in 4225 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment