Monday, May 23, 2022

Monet's Bridge Impressions


What a beautiful day for painting in Monet's Garden, at the Overland Park Arboretum!  It was planting day at the arboretum, and this garden was full of gardeners in the morning. So after painting the Erikson garden first, I returned to capture it's beauty.  It is a later spring this year, and the lily pads are only beginning to grow on the pond.  I've never seen the Dame's Rockets bloom here - so I had to stand near them, including them in my painting.  I only just added them to my own garden last year, a transplant from my youngest daughter's new house, and I love them.  I've seen them for years along roadsides and abandoned old farmhouses, a vintage bloom from years gone by.  I love the memories flowers evoke, and the timeless nature of every bloom.  Painting number 4226 in 4226 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment