Monday, May 2, 2022

Morning at Lake Creek


This farmhouse turned winery sits high upon a hill, with sprawling views all around.  Picking my spot carefully, I knew rain would be blowing in from the south and west.  Finding cover at the north edge of a shelter, I found my composition in the landscape, and started drawing in ink.  On misty, rainy days, I must work fast to protect paper and ink.  The cotton handmade paper absorbs water from the atmosphere, which will add flow to the ink - sometimes far too much spread!  As I finished, the light rain was paused long enough for me to grab a frame and get the drawing between glass. Once framed and turned in, I could sigh in relief and move on to the oil painting inspired by this piece. Painting number 3407 in 3407 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment