Thursday, May 12, 2022

Wisteria at the Bridge


I could see this gorgeous wisteria blooming from the road I drive in on - and had to seek it out.  I had painted nearly this whole scene before a family stopped in the bridge, dropping bread crumbs into the water.  From near and far, red koi streamed in, shining in the sunlight!  I didn't know they were there until that moment!  Another visitor commented on what a lovely thing to paint - and I started doing in those forms like crazy!  Catching the couple as they gazed into the water, I brushed those strokes in quickly, and added highlights to the koi. They were little more than red orange dashes in the water, but oh were they beautiful!  What luck to get to paint such a sight - and to experience it!  Painting number 3417 in 3417 days. 

1 comment:

  1. Tammie so glad you were able to capture this lovely scene as well as the red koi. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete