Thursday, August 18, 2022

Bridal Cave Pipe Organ


Painting inside the Bridal Cave is ethereal, especially by the "pipe organ" formation!  I recently purchased a mighty light from Judson's Art Outfitters, and this is my first time to use it.  Small enough to slip in my pocket, it has three settings and clamps securely on my pochade.  In this cave setting, it was a lifesaver, since my back was toward a rock wall which was very dark.  The constant dripping echoed within the cave, and was almost like a serenade.  My second time to paint in this cave, I layered up for warmth with a rain coat for my outer layer. What a lovely special way to experience this cave!  Painting number 4307 in 4307 days, and this one is now showing at Lake Fine Art Galleria on Bagnell Dam Boulevard in Lake Ozark, Missouri. 


No comments:

Post a Comment