Monday, August 22, 2022

Shawnee Indian Mission - East Building


Not far from where I grew up - I have never been to this Kansas State Historic site!  Timeless in the early morning light, this place feels like the 1800s - there is even a covered wagon in the background in preparation for the upcoming festival.  I am trying out a shiny, new Caran D'Ache Swiss gouache full pan travel set!!!  A few of the colors differ from my norms, but I can still get my colors by mixing.  I'm using a few soft brushes in more of a watercolor way, with plenty of water.  I really like the intensity I'm getting with gouache.  I LOVE using pans and half pans, because I can take them anywhere with a few water brush pens.  I actually took a like container for water, unsure if I could really mix well enough with the brush pens.  I'm at the beginning of this gouache journey - can't wait to see where it leads!  Painting number 4311 in 4311 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment