Sunday, August 21, 2022

Stark Cavern Reflections


LOVE getting to paint lake reflections IN a CAVE!!  It's not every day I get an opportunity like this - in fact it is the first time plein air artists have been allowed to paint inside this cave!  After scouting several views within the first few rooms, this long view over the lake was my choice location!  The light filtering in from the entrance, as well as other lights, illuminated the space in a magical way, other worldly, in fact!  It is ethereal and timeless to paint in the still of a cave.  I heard the guide say there are no fish in this lake, but something jumped from the water as I painted.  There was far less dripping here than in the Bridal Cave, but still there was a gentle lapping of water.  The water runs out the cave entrance flanked on either side with trees and a rocky ridge.  I used my mighty light in this cave - and it's a good thing I had it, since it was very dark behind me!  Painting number 4310 in 4310 days.  Come see this one in person at Lake Fine Art Galleria on Bagnell Dam Boulevard!  

No comments:

Post a Comment