Friday, September 16, 2022

Dorsey Lake


 

Day 5 of my Artist Residency in the Rockies - and the weather changes quickly here!  The beautiful cerulean skies of an hour earlier turned to rain in a hurry!  I set up quickly to paint this, with only a couple of glances through my "view finder" to map out my composition.  As the weather changed, I began to rush through my process.  Now that I am posting this, I realize that I didn't follow through with my original vision - and didn't really finish the water as intended.  This is rare for me, and I will now have to revisit this painting to complete.  It's all about the process, and this was a lovely, peaceful afternoon at the edge of Dorsey Lake.  LOVE exploring this place with paint!  Day 15 of the #stradaeasel painting challenge, and painting number 4335 in 4335 days. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like your painting is off to a lovely beginning. Sorry you got rained out. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is the story of plein air! I hope to return tomorrow!

      Delete