Friday, October 21, 2022

Old Blue on the Farm


 

I'm so happy my effort on this Quick Paint was awarded tonight at the White Mule Winery!  Loving this whole scene from behind the barn, I backed up until I could see the entire space in front of my easel.  Farm equipment drove past me - kicking up dust, as did a gorgeous team of horses with a shiny red wagon!  The horses were off to give wine country rides, so I couldn't include them, too!  The best advice on a quick paint is to narrow your field and simplify, of which I did neither!  It was a bit of a struggle as I realized I had many masses to paint - and the minutes were ticking by!  I almost bit off more than I could chew on this two hour painting - and still, it was super fun!  In fact, it was exhilarating!  There is something about a real painting challenge that revs me up and gets my blood pumping.  I do so love plein air painting in all it's forms!  Painting number 4371 in 4371 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment