Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Stashworthy Fabric


What a special and unique opportunity it was to paint the interior of the Stashworthy Fabric shop on Main Street in Parkville!  I spent a little time selecting exactly what I wanted to capture - then started the sketch.  All of the gorgeous antique sewing machines in the windows grabbed me first - but all the special details pulled me around the room, calling to be painted. So, with ink and watercolor, I began the journey of capturing this place. An artist friend soon joined me to paint his own vision, and we caught up and visited as we worked.  I think the happiness of this place and the comraderie shines through in the painting - and I'm happy both our paintings have a new home here!  Painting number 4362 in 4362 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment