Thursday, December 1, 2022

Country Club Lighting Ceremony


 

What a fabulous experience to paint the Country Club Plaza Lighting Ceremony from this vantage!  From start to finish, it was such an amazing night!! The lights, music and merriment from the crowd was a delight to be a part of, and the acrobatics involved were really a hit!  I thought one girl would soon be sailing into the audience from the force of being swung around so fast!  Working larger - to fita 20x16 frame, I moved back and forth from inks to watercolor, once my composition was down.  I painted the light masses first, adding more color as I worked, pushing the darks pretty quickly.  It is important to establish that road map early, especially with so many wonderful distractions!  I delivered this painting today to the Country Club Plaza, and I can't wait to see the next chapter to this story!  Stay tuned!  Painting number 4410 in 4410 days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment