Sunday, January 22, 2023

Frosted Barn


The snow was a gorgeous white blanket this morning when I rose from bed.  Though it was heavily overcast and spitting still, the eves of the house were dripping - my very first sign that time is short for this winter beauty!  After a few morning tasks were done, I headed into the melting landscape with a limited palette of ink.  I chose Diamine's Cardinal red, Ghost (a gray violet), and One More Sleep (a metal blue), all from the recent Inkvent Calendar.  I'm playing with these inks, picking three each day to complete a miniature ink painting, discovering how they mingle and move in the wet masses. I meant to take out a little bleach water pen, but I didn't, and I don't think I need it either.  Lovely chroma, and these three were perfect for this day! Painting number 3670 in 3670 days, and day 22 of the #stradaeasel challenge. If only the snow weren't melting faster than I could paint it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment