Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Snow at Yellow Barn


What fun to awake to a fresh blanket of snow!  But once again, our warm temperatures are melting it quickly!  When I heard the drip! drip! drip! From the eves - I knew time was of the essence!  All those branches were still coated with snow when I started this painting - and by it's finish, it has already melted!  Today, I am using Silent Night and Three Kings inks by Diamine.  Both are from the 22 Inkvent Calendar.  The icy cool blue makes for a wonderful winter landscape ink  - and I had to water down the yellow to make it match the barn color.  At full strength, it is very gold.  Love getting to see how these inks play together - and hope to have another snow soon!  Painting number 3673 in 3673 days and day 25 of the #stradaeasel painting challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment