Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Brakensiek Barn


 

I drove past this wonderful old place, but had to turn around immediately.  With no place to park but across the road and down a bit, I grabbed my gear. I just couldn't pass up the chance to paint this  barn - even when I walked through tall grass to get to this spot. I stood on half a yoga mat (sprayed on both sides to deter ticks), and got to work!  A tick dropped into my white paper, and another blew in with the wind, dropping on my hand - but neither bit and I found no others.  I've been wearing an insect shield scarf for 4 weeks now - and haven't gotten a single bite!  It's crazy! This place is just outside of New Melle, and what a peaceful paint it was! I'm so happy this painting has a new home, too. Painting number 3782 in 3782 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment