Thursday, May 11, 2023

Plant Sale!


When I saw this beautiful new greenhouse - I HAD to paint it!  I parked very near this spot, and didn't look any further until I finished this painting!  After so many years of daily painting, I have learned to listen to that inner voice, and it never steers me wrong.  Loving the dramatic slope of the hill, I set up on hill, tilting downhill a bit.  So, I situated my three leg stool so that it would balance with the two legs on the downhill side, allowing me to keep my balance better as I worked.  I get so focused on my painting process, that it's best to build in a few safety measures up front - lol!  I always love painting at Sunflower Hill Farm - and I'm happy this painting has a new home here, too!  Painting number 3776 in 3776 days. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great painting !
    Makes me want to go visit. Sounds like you are using some wisdom when you set up your stool. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The view behind me is even better - with a large barn and home on the hill, chickens and a coop and lovely landscaping. The food is also wonderful there! And one learns not to tip by losing balance a time or two, lol! Have a great weekend!

      Delete